Monday, February 28, 2011

[EDM613] Week 3 - WIMBA

Though not able to attend the Wimba session, I was able to watch the archive. In watching the archive I was glad that the week 4 projects were discussed because I already was behind and I needed to make sure of what needed to be done. When I heard that I needed to get feedback from others it really got me to thinking about how I was going to do that. Lucky my critical friends were able to assist me in this feat in such short notice. Also if I can share the part of these chapters that hit home for me it was Chapter 5 "Leading From Any Chair". This along with the section how much greatness are you willing to give really hit home and made me re-review why I teach. After looking into myself understanding why I teach, I found that my motives were in some cases mixed as it had to do with supplying the industry with better entry level industry professionals and help individuals that under other circumstances would not have the opportunity to do what I have been fortunate to do in my career.

This book really got me once I got into it and I could not put it down. In some cases self reflection is the best reflection you could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment