Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[EDM613] Week 4 - Reading Post


This image is a true description of how I see the practice of being on the board. Life for me is about staying a float and circumstances that I had part in creating now place me on the board causing things to get extremely rocky from time to time.

One of the parts that really jump out to me in this weeks reading was the about "being the board". I like how Zander uses driving a car to explained what being the board is all about. The practice of being the board meant you had to see yourself as being in control of your own life. The lesson here was simple you take ownership of the situations you go through don't go pointing fingers at anyone when you put yourself in the situation in the first place. Love it! When I actually set back and begin to look at the second practice module that is when everything clicked for me. Once I stood up and took responsibility for my actions as a co-conspirator to some of the things that have taken place the feelings of new life really hit me. I had to stand up and accept the things that I had help to create and this is something that I never thought to do because typically it is everyone's fault but my own when things don't work. The question for me always is, "...ok...what went wrong?" Never with the possibility that I help to bring this on myself. So this section right here hit home for me!

With this new found understanding, I would really like to thank Professor Joe B. for providing me with the opportunity to read this book. It truly help me to see a entirely different side of myself that allows me to stand, not on the board, but in a new universe of possibility.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting illustration about being the board... it really does show that we are effected by the things around us. Interesting, I think I'm going to have to ponder the analogy a bit more.... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete