Friday, July 2, 2010

BP1_Google Reader

Adobe.com

http://rss.adobe.com/en/news_releases.rss

My reasoning for viewing this site is two fold, I use different Adobe products to create compelling architectural presentation graphics and I also view this site often because I teach in a technology-based institution. Viewing the Adobe site on a daily basis allows me to provide knowledge to my students to help them continue to be more graphically efficient with their projects while increasing my current skill-set.

Apple.com

http://images.apple.com/main/rss/hotnews/hotnews.rss

I follow Apple because from a company standpoint they are on the forefront of revolutionizing everything that I do as a professional. Ever since Steve Job's got back in the top seat for Apple they have embraced technological change. They have made it a point at every level to understand the consumer (end-user). This company stands strong as one of the pioneers of the technology world. If the technology is out there they make it a point to find out how the technology can benefit the average consumer while continuing to revolutionize the world.

Autodesk.com (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Concentration)

http://rss-aec.autodesk.com/rss?f=b7df3f10-01df-11df-2106-0030486070c6

This one is simple! I was a technician in the architecture world first before I was an architect and so I make it a point to always stay up on my craft. Autodesk has been a driving force behind the software I use daily to make buildings come alive. I have been around Autodesk products since 1994 and since then I have watched this company take over almost every professional industry that utilizes technical graphics. This company, to an extent, is the reason my family continues to eat everyday and without the understanding of this company's every move the many facets of my technical skill-set does not exist.

Architectural Record

http://archrecord.construction.com/rss/ar.xml

I follow architectural record because it is the premiere magazine for architecture worldwide. Everything that is being done good or bad is usually showcased and discussed in this magazine. Unlike others I don't look at this website to be inspired I like to stay up on the different technological advancements within my field from a design and a construction standpoint.

Arcscpace

http://www.arcspace.com/arcspace_rss.xml

This is my inspiration site! Hands down this site brings out all of the worlds top architects and showcases their work. I actually found this site while doing a competition for them back in my college days. So I have been a loyal follower of ArcSpace for some years now. Just like RSS feeds it is my RSS feed to all my favorite architects without having to necessarily go to their website to see what they are doing around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment