Saturday, July 31, 2010

BP12_Blender 2.5 Software



© Image by Blender Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

One of the tools I am looking to research for immediate use on my Action Research project is Blender. Currently on version 2.5, this is a free open source 2D and 3D content tool used for modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and video post-processing functionality. This software will give me the ability to scale down the intelligence factor of my Revit Architecture models to bring them, somewhat seamlessly, into the world of Second Life.



© Image by Blender Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Though there is somewhat of a software learning curve I will be utilizing my Lynda.com tutorials and a new reference book I should be obtaining next week to begin to conquer the quarks of this software package to ensure it works for me the way I need it to.

I have selected this tool because it allows me to stay on my Mac and not cross platform. I also like the efficient creation workflow, once you get past the quarks and the nuances of any software it must have a very efficient way of working on request from the user efficiently. This software also has a real-time 3D engine that allows the user to create 3D interactive content within this one software package. Did I mention it’s FREE! God Bless The Blender Foundation!

Below are a few render images that are good examples of Blender's rendering capabilities. Though I will be using it for it's low polygonal modeling capabilities this software can produce some great imagery that I will probably need for print graphics for my action research project.



© Image by Bertrand Benoit. All Rights Reserved.



© Image by Radiance. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment