Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[EDM613] Week 4 - Comments to Scott

I love being the enroller! I constantly am the one looking for the next big change, finding a possible solution that meets the requirements and then enrolling others in my new project. Or the flip side, I enjoy being the one enrolled. When I see a good idea, I am usually the first one to join the charge ahead. The one thing I am constantly aware of though, is not to get too far out there. A good leader must make sure that everyone's voice is heard and has enrolled in the new process.

Chapter 10, Being The Board was especially interesting to me, because I constantly love to sum up this chapter in a few words, "Quit your complaining, Man Up!" or more concisely, "Nut Up Or Shut UP!"

I find that building a framework for possibility is probably the most difficult of all. To constantly pushing into the realm of possibilities can be a very tiring experience, because you'll spend most of your time fighting the good fight. And you'll take a lot of kicks to stomach along the way. Keep your guard up!

For the past several years, I've had the pleasure to work with teenagers at my church. This has been sometimes a very trying process and sometimes a very rewarding process. When you see a extremely shy young man step out of his comfort zone, learn something new to support the ministry and then take it to the next level...that brings a big smile to my face.


Hey Scott,

Gotta love your statement, "Nut Up, or Shut Up!" almost sounds a bit military! But its a great one!

Truly hear you on the enroller section, I just could not find myself in that parody as much as the board. Your totally right fighting the good fight for the greater good gets you beat down. But I also found from this section is that if position yourself correctly that universe of possibilities opens up a whole new dimension where you don't necessarily have to take a complete beating therefore the small reward becomes refreshing, almost a new found rejuvenation in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment